Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Got Invited to the White House

  As a member of NASCARMedia I get emails everyday inviting me to cover either an event or press conference involving a NASCAR driver, owner, or official. Most of these are usually held in Charlotte, N.C., or the city closest to that weekend's events, making them unrealistic for me to attend.
  However, even I was surprised to open an email which gave me all the details I would need to attend a press conference/event being held at the White House. Seems President Obama will use the opportunity of NASCAR being in Richmond next week, to have Jimmie Johnson, and the rest of the 2010 Chase contenders honored during a visit to Washington, D.C.
  That's right the 2010 Chase contenders, but then again, is it really any surprise our government officials are nearly a year behind.
  Interestingly, of the 12 drivers invited, five declined the invitation due to previous obligations. They were Greg Biffle, Kurt Busch, Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, and Tony Stewart. One has to wonder, are they actually busy, or are they Republicans.
  Sadly for me, while this is probably the only time I will ever be invited to the White House, I too am busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment