Thursday, September 22, 2011

Martin Truex Jr. Shares a Memory About Dale Earnhardt Sr.

  Returning to New Hampshire certainly brings back many memories for NJ's Martin Truex Jr. Between himself, his father, Martin Truex Sr., and younger brother, Ryan, they have a combined five wins on the "Magic Mile." However, the memory that sticks out the most to the NAPA Toyota driver, took place many years ago, and involves the late NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt.
  "They used to run a combination race with the Busch North and regular Busch Series teams. My dad's Busch North car was parked across from Dale Earnhardt's car. I would watch him get out of his car. I even remember him getting up under his car to work on the carburetor. I was such a big fan of his. To be able to see him up that close and have my dad's car right next to his - I thought I was something. I was only 15 years old. That was a cool deal, and I will never forget it.", Truex shared.
  Truex certainly hopes he can add another memory on Sunday at New Hampshire, a win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment