Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Numbers From Wall Stadium You Will Not Believe!

  As I prepared to do my post on the final night of points-paying racing at Wall Stadium I decided to check out the point standings for all the divisions. While who was leading the points, or by what margin, did not surprise me, what did is the total number of cars to have earned points this year at Wall, especially in the Wall Modifieds.
  Check out these numbers: Wall Modifieds-34
                                          Blewett Sportsman-23
                                          Factory Stocks-41
                                          Inex Legends-26
                                          Street Stocks-24

  I have only been able to attend several events at Wall Stadium this season. I will be the first to admit, however, that the car counts have been somewhat disappointing. This is due to many factors, economy, rules, personalties, things many tracks are struggling with.
  However, what those numbers show is the cars are out there. The next step is to get them to Wall on a more regular basis. I have my own ideas on that, but that is for another time and another post.
  The numbers do make me think back to the days of when there were so many cars in the pits the track had to run consi events. While I doubt we will see that level of cars anytime soon, it's nice to know at least they exist. All Wall Stadium has to do is figure a way to get them there on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment