Friday, October 28, 2011

Divorce Next for Kevin Harvick?

  There are some closely associated with the inner workings of the NASCAR garage area that have been suggesting since the announcement of the disbanding of Kevin Harvick Racing that the move had more to do with marital difficulties than financial ones. There have even been unsubstantiated rumors of an affair.
  I have to tell you I was contacted prior to the announcement of the sale of Kevin Harvick's team to Richard Childress, and told he was closing up shop due to some serious marital issues. I refrained from sharing with you the details I had been told, out of both respect for two peoples' lives, and the very real possibility that it was only a rumor.
  However, as the events unfolded over the course of several weeks, I found myself believing what I was told, by someone I trust immensely, that the real reason for the team's demise was a marital issue, and not a financial one. Afterall, if a team like KHI, that not only has sponsors, but runs up front every week, and competes for championships, cannot continue operation than what does that say for the rest of the sport.
  The other reason given for the sale was so Harvick could concentrate on his pursuit of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship. Harvick could of certainly hired someone to run the organization for him, and taken a step back, easier than having to negotiate a complete sale. It has never really added up.
  I have now been contacted by this same source telling me the next step in the Kevin Harvick saga is a divorce. I am sharing this with you, because, while at this point it may only be a rumor, my source has been right on just about everything that has unfolded so far.
  If this turns out to be true it is not only unfortunate that a marriage has to end, but also the amount of hard-working people at KHI that are caused to suffer because of it.   

1 comment:

  1. When I first heard of the demise of Harvick's truck program, the very first thing I thought of was divorce. I didn't hear anything or read anything so it is funny now that I read about the possibility. Why else would a team, with drivers, with sponsors, sponsors that are hard to come by, close up shop? Divorce is hard for everyone, whether you want it or not.

    ReplyDelete