Monday, October 17, 2011

Racers and Fans Come Up Big in Time of Tragedy at Thompson

  While the IndyCar world is dealing with the loss of Dan Wheldon, and Dirt Off-Road racing with the death of one of it's champions, Rick Huseman, the Long Island racing community has also been dealing with a tragic loss. I'm sure you have heard the story by now of the Trinca family, who were devastated by a car crash while on their way to the race track.
  The mother Keri, and 7 year old son Jason, who was a championship-winning go-kart driver, both passed as a result of their injuries. While two other siblings were severely injured, but are expected to recover.
  I have been around racing most of my life, and I know how generous the racing community can be in a time of need so I can't say I am surprised by the outpouring of support for this family in their time of need. What I can say is how proud I am of everyone who stepped up this weekend at Thompson.
  I just read on Justin Bonsignore's Facebook Page that more than $5,000 was collected. While this is amazing, especially considering the economy, the family will certainly need much more.
  If you were unable to attend the races at Thompson, or you just wish to make a donation now you can do so at the Trinca Family Memorial Trust  P.O. Box 520  Ridge, NY 11961.
  Again thank you to all that donated, and please keep the Trinca family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment