Thursday, October 6, 2011

Travis Pastrana Who? That's What Yahoo Asked Me.

  I not only write for this blog, Racing Aound Jersey, but also NJ.com, and Yahoo. I try to focus on local auto racing stories for the two sites based in the Garden State, and anything I feel might have a broader appeal I submit to Yahoo.
  I recently was fortunate enough to be invited for a tour of the ESPN compound at Dover International Speedway, during which time I met Travis Pastrana. The odd part of the meeting, as it struck me, was actually that Pastrana approached me to introduce himself.
  I thought this would be a great opportunity for an article on Yahoo tied to how quickly I have gone from a part-time blogger, to a member of the NASCARMedia, being contacted by ESPN, and having Travis Pastrana introduce himself to me.
  Imagine my surprise when I received an email from Yahoo notifying me that they didn't feel the person I wrote about, Travis Pastrana, was well known enough to be searched by others. While I don't think he is necessarily a household name, he is both an X-Games star, who is expanding his career into NASCAR, and the owner of a Monster Truck. Certainly well-known enough that he will be a very popular search any time he is involved with either NASCAR or the X-Games.
  Sometimes even the "experts" get it wrong. Maybe next time I should write about meeeting Margerate Cho. Who? Exactly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment