Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cars 2 Movie Merchandise-Where to Get Great Deals

  I know this is supposed to be a blog about all the great racing action taking place in New Jersey, however, I thought I would share something with you that I feel I have almost become an expert at. Merchandise from the Cars 2 movie.
  You see I have a son, who is about to be four, who loves both the Cars movies. He not only watches the first movie constantly, but has just about every toy, and many of the clothes based on the movie. When we went to the first showing of Cars 2, last Friday, I knew I was in trouble. The movie not only features many new characters, but several of the ones from the original movie also have slight changes that my son, of course, noticed. As we walked from the theatre, and he talked about the new characters, I knew I would be buying some new toys, and clothes for him soon.
  In my search for toys from the Cars 2 movie I hit some of the normal stops Toys R Us, Walmart, and Target. However, the place I found with the best selection of quality and price was, actually, the Disney Store. They not only had items I hadn't seen elsewhere, but the prices were very, very reasonable. Also, most of the merchandise from the original movie was marked down significantly.
  As surprised as I was by the Disney Store, I have to admit JC Penney surprised me even more when it came to the clothes. Many of the shirts for the Cars 2 movie, this week, were on sale for as low as $5. I even got a Cars 2 Lightning McQueen bathing suit originally priced at $15.99 for $5.99. The selection was pretty incredible, and featured many of the same designs I saw elsewhere for at least double the price.
  My son's closet is now filled with enough Cars 2 clothes for him to wear something from the movie just about every day of the week. He also has some of the coolest toys available from the movie, and is a very happy child.
  Thanks to a little shopping, Dad is pretty happy too. The only thing that beats making your kid happy is saving money while doing it. So if your child is anything like mine I recommend you get yourself to the mall. The Disney Store always seems to be well-stocked and priced reasonably, but I don't know how much longer the sale on Cars 2 clothes will last at JC Penney.   

No comments:

Post a Comment