Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cars 2 Movie Review

  Lucky enough for me, and really lucky for my 3 year old son, we were able to be among the first people to see the movie Cars 2 yesterday. He had been looking forward to this day since he saw the first commercial for it on television.
  The movie reviews I read prior to our attending the theatre were all horrible. They talked about the movie not having enough depth, and that Mater was more a star than Lightning McQueen. Really? It's a kids movie, about talking cars!
  To me the best way to tell if a children's movie is good is by watching the child. My three year old, was not only fixated on the screen, but actually asked me questions that let me know he was paying attention. He not only enjoyed it, but spent much of the afternoon talking about a new car from the movie. Shockingly, Lightning McQueen may no longer be his favorite.
  While the theme of the movie, a spy adventure, may be a little mature for the younger kids to understand, there was much more to keep them entertained. New characters, mixed with old ones, and several funny scenes involving Mater, who else.
  I have to admit there was a little more violence than I would've liked to have seen in the movie. The word "die" was also used a little too much for my liking, but overall it was entertaining. My son didn't ask once about the violence, so perhaps none of that stuck with him, which would be a good thing.
   For the adults, the "James Bond" style of spy thriller story was enough to keep you interested. Race fans will also be entertained by listening for the voices of drivers like Jeff Gordon, and Lewis Hamilton, along with former driver Darrell Waltrip.
  I would recommend seeing Cars 2 in a minute. The animation itself is incredible, and the characters seemed to have no trouble keeping my son's interest, which is the true test of any kid's movie, isn't it? I just hope it has enough depth for yours!
  Depth? Really? It's a kids movie, take your kids and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment