Sunday, June 12, 2011

Help Wanted: Creative Person to Design Toyota Race Car Paint Scheme

  I, probably like most of you, have seen the Toyota Sponsifier commercials more times than I would like to admit. The Kyle Busch one, with a cameo by Martin Truex Jr., features the M &M's driver crashing through an office wall, and the Joey Logano version featuring the little freckle-faced kid.
  Every time I see those advertisements to design your own car, I wish I was actually talented enough to do so. Not just because it would be really cool to see something you created out there banging doors with Dale Jr. or Jimmie Johson, but also because our home state Sprint Cup driver, Truex, drives a Toyota.
  So, I am calling out all the creative people out there. The design I'm thinking of is along the lines of a giant map of New Jersey, with the location of all our race tracks being highlighted, along with other points of interest.
  Another idea I had was to recreate the number 56 modified Truex drove at Wall Stadium in his early years on the side of his car. God knows the Nascar Modifieds could use the publicity, as much as Wall could.
  Should you decide to accept this challenge, and actually get your/our design on a Toyota I can't pay you, but I can get you some publicity. I write the local auto racing blog for NJ.com, the website for the Star Ledger. I will make sure to do a piece on you and your design for the site, you may even make it into the newspaper.
  Plus how cool would it be to see our/your car actually on the track!
  The website you need to go to is http://www.toyotaracing.com/
  You can then reach me at contact@racingaroundjersey.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment