Wednesday, June 8, 2011

No Modifieds This Saturday at Wall Stadium, Big Mistake?

  When the schedule for Wall Stadium was originally announced, it contained several weeks where there would be no Modifieds. This coming Saturday night, June 11th, is one of those weekends. The track will instead present a card of dual features for both the Inex Legend Cars and Street Stocks.
  While I am a long-time fan of Wall Stadium, I am first and foremost a Modified fan. I am sorry Cliff Krause, promoter of Wall, but I will not attend a racing event at your track if Modifieds are not on the schedule. Sadly, I do not think I am alone in this thinking, and would expect the grandstands to be quite empty.
  I appreciate the thinking that went into the schedule making. The thought was to give each division a few nights off during the year, so they can possibly go on vacation or save some money by not incurring the expenses associated with a night of racing.
  The problem is the number one priority of a promoter is to present a product or event that people want to see. People, especially Wall Stadium fans, want to see Modifieds.
  If race teams want or need a night off from racing they will take it. By forcing them to take a night off, he will not only be losing the fans, but also the pit fees associated with the teams.
  Modifieds drive New Jersey race fans. As much as I am sure I won't be attending Wall this Saturday, I'm am also sure that some of Wall's regular fans will be attending the racing at New Egypt Speedway.
  Krause, better hope those fans don't decide to make New Egypt their regular Saturday night destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment