Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Was Praising Paul Menard in March, But Who Knew?

  I have always counted myself among the minority of those who felt Paul Menard was a talented race car driver, not just someone who's dad's money bought him rides. I'm not naive, I know it may be more important these days to bring sponsorship money with you than to be talented. There are many talented drivers sitting on the sidelines, deserving of quality rides, who since their family isn't rich never get the chance.
  While there is no doubt the Menards money has helped Paul in his career, there should now be no doubt either that the man can drive a race car. He did a masterful job of saving fuel, and not panicking in the closing laps, like what may have happened in the final turn of the Indy 500.
  I actually wrote a piece for Yahoo, back in March, in which I called him the best driver at Richard Childress Racing, at that time. He may actually, at this time, only trail Kevin Harvick, in talent, at the team now. He is, afterall, performing better than Clint Bowyer, and Jeff Burton, in the same equipment.
  Congrats, Paul I knew you could win on this level, but even I never thought it would be at Indy.
  To check out my Paul Menard story from March click the link below.
Paul Menard Best at RCR

No comments:

Post a Comment