Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Jason Hearne Statement - What a Class Act !

  For those of you following the Jason Hearne situation regarding Wall Stadium, it doesn't look like it will be resolved in his favor. Although I still cannot get anyone at the track to discuss the situation, it seems the disqualification has been upheld, and sadly for Jason and his fans, it appears he will no longer be competing at Wall, at least in the near future.
  I am, however, privy to his Facebook page, and the statements he made there. Jason, truly is a class act, and I would like to share with you his thoughts on the matter, below.
   Jason said, "Unfortunately things are not going down like I wanted. But beneath all the BS are true hearted great people, which is why I love racing. Thank you all so much for the congratulatory words, support, and just being great friends and family! That means more to me than any win at any track!"
  He continued on to say, " I love Wall Stadium and wish them the absolute best, no matter what I do not wish anything negative against that track. I grew up there, celebrated my dad's greatest moments there and it will always be home. For 30 years I dreamed of standing where my dad did 101 times, and the feeling was unreal. It cannot be taken away from me, my team or family ever. Not sure where I'll be in the future, but you can bet your ass it will be at a racetrack."
  If those statements don't tell you what a class act this man is then you will never get it. While other drivers would be cursing the track, officials, and management, he is wishing them well.
  The truly sad part is Wall Stadium is losing not only another race team, but one that is very popular. While most wouldn't be able to make the trip to Pennsylvania to see him compete, should he choose to race at New Egypt, like Jimmy Blewett and Tommy Farrell, the track just may lose some fans that they desperately need.
  Congratulations to Roger Coss, and with no disrespect, there are no winners in how this is all going down. I, like Jason, grew up at Wall, and hope this doesn't become one more nail in the coffin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment